Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing has been assisting Birmingham residents with their water systems for years, and we are ready to help you with filtering your water safely. Our expert installation technicians will ensure that your filtration system is installed properly and that you receive the best customer service possible. If you would like to improve the way your water tastes and feel secure with washing dishes, then contact Wilbur’s team today!
How a Water Filter Works
Water filter work by creating a physical barrier through which a water supply has to pass, trapping debris and contaminants. These barriers in the filtering system can come in several different stages, blocking smaller and smaller particles from entering your drinking water. Let us go through the different stages you may typically see in a house water filtration system:
- Pre-Filtration – The first stage is pre-filtration, which removes the largest water contaminants such as sand, dirt, or rust particles. This process also prepares the water for the rest of the filtration system.
- Filtration – In the second stage water passes through activated carbon and additional filters to remove certain chemicals like chlorine.
- Post-Filtration – The final filter in the water treatment process removes a majority of leftover contaminants.
What Benefits Does a Home Water Filter Provide
- Water Purification – A home water filter will make a noticeable difference, as your water will be clearer and won’t have any smells or tastes that you wouldn’t expect.
- Easier Cleaning – It is common to have stains or scale build-up around your faucets or drains. With a water filter, you will notice less of this build-up, meaning you have less to clean.
- Easy to Install – A filter is simple and quick to install for any home. A technician can have one installed in a matter of minutes, and you will notice the difference almost instantly.
Get Expert Installation Today
If you are looking for the best system for water filtration in Birmingham, AL, then the right number to call is 205-655-2396. Wilbur’s team of professional plumbers can have your water filter installed in less time than it takes to schedule your appointment. If you have any questions or need further assistance with your plumbing systems, don’t hesitate to contact us today!