At Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, our Birmingham furnace replacement professionals work with you to set up a new heating system based on your lifestyle, budget, and needs. We always work with you on the best course of action moving forward.
Which Type of Heater Should I Get?
Choosing a new heating system is a big decision, but Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing can help you decide by considering a couple of questions:
- Where do you live?
- What do you already have installed?
- Repair costs vs. replacement costs?
Here in Birmingham, temperatures range from the mid-30s to the low-60s in the winter months. While this is warmer than other parts of the country, your home comfort and safety are more important. Therefore, having a new furnace, boiler, or heat pump ensures you stay safe as temperatures fall.
If you don’t have ductwork installed in your home, a boiler or furnace may be the most cost-effective solution to eliminate the additional price of installing it. If your furnace repairs cost more than a complete replacement, purchasing a new, energy-efficient boiler or furnace is more cost-effective than keeping an old one.
If you have ducts, a heat pump may be the best choice. Heat pumps act as dual-service appliances for heat and air conditioning. With fewer maintenance trips and heat from one central unit, you save more money and energy with a heat pump than with traditional heating systems.
Types of Heating Systems
At Wilbur’s, our heating contractors fulfill various furnace installation services to ensure your HVAC system works properly. We have years of experience with different types of heating systems, like
- Gas furnaces: The most common heating system in the continental United States due to their low-cost operation.
- Oil Furnaces: Require on-site fuel storage but don’t require extra piping for gas delivery.
- Electric Furnaces: Typically, electric furnaces cost less to purchase and install than traditional gas furnaces.
- Boilers: Deliver comfortable heat quietly in homes with no ductwork. Choose between gas, oil, and electricity.
- Air-Source Heat Pumps: Transfer heat instead of generating it. They can act as heaters and air conditioning units for home heating and cooling and are most efficient in mild climates.
- Geothermal Heat Pumps: The most expensive heater replacement but are incredibly efficient and environmentally friendly. They can also act as air conditioners.
You can always trust Wilbur’s Air Conditioning, Heating, and Plumbing for expert heater and furnace services in Birmingham!
Try Us Today!
Get 10% off your first service when you schedule an appointment. Call 205-655-2396 or contact us online for a free estimate! We’re available 24/7 if your heater unexpectedly breaks. We’ll send someone over, day or night, to install a new one based on your lifestyle needs and budget.
Our NATE-certified furnace installation technicians work with gas or electric systems, providing optimal home comfort and safety whenever you need it.